The joy of snow ! <Story time><Long!>

Man I've been waiting weeks for another storm to hit the East coast. I'm
finally able to get the full use out of my coilovers on the Rocco.

      It all started as an innocent night. Out in the snow hitting some
parking lots with the my Impreza. Doing donuts and perfecting my 4 wheel
drift with friends. Then we all sat around smoking cigarettes remenecing
about the good old days when we used to do this in our old cars. Then I
remembered I still had my old car! One problem no plates on the car, but
still had valid reg and emissions stickers on it. Lucky for me I was house
sitting and knew of a car that wouldn't need its plates for another week or
so.

      So after getting myself dropped off at my parents house and coming up
with a plan to get the rocco to and from our parking lot of choice, using my
friend and my Impreza as a chase car, I went about my bonehead plan. Now in
my parents garage where the rocco now calls home along with my dads medlife
crisis mobile. Blah xj8's look like big suppositories to me! Anyway I knicked
his plates and velcored them to the bumpers of the rocco and fired her. I was
amazed that my optima battery held charge for so many months of non use. Man
the noise the Rocco made was long lost music to my ears. While my baby was
warming up I decided to Loosen up my rear sway bar and raise the car a good 5
inches. Yes, 5 inches! I had the car slammed an extra 2 inches for a car show
right before I took it off the road and never raised it after the show.

      After she was all set for the snow I decided to see what I sane driver
with all wheel drive could keep up with me in the rocco. I was amazed how
well I was able to drive the rocco in the snow after 5 months of not driving
it. What scared me was the fact that I was able to lose my Impreza so
quickly! later I found out the my friend was afraid to hurt the car. He knew
I would kill him if he did. Once we got to the lot it was a different story
though.

      With about 175 yards of smooth unplowed parking lot to play with, that
only had a center divider I was able to take turns and really compare the two
cars. To my amazement I was able to get up and down the parking lot faster in
the Rocco then in the Impreza. I must admit the Rocco did have a better horse
power to weight ratio then the Impreza did. But I figure the traction of the
all wheel drive would give me the advantage. Then I realized that I've been
with my Rocco for over 7 years and could control that car like it was apart
of me. After about an hour of playing with both cars The times where almost
identical. Some laps the rocco edge in front and somelaps the Impreza edged
ahead. Then I after deciding that the Impreza was a great stock car I decide
to open up the Rocco on the parking lot that would make Rally Buff Scott
Williams proud!

      Thats what must have woken up some of the neighboring house to the
High school. Usually we would be able to hear them and see their lights
coming from miles away. But they figured it was a bunch of kids drinking at
the school and decided to sneak up to the lot with there lights of. Man they
must have been suprized to see my little VW shutting around a turn in the
snow at over 50 mph completely side ways and under full power. With straight
pipes running back from the header and spitting a flame out while shifting
through gears into the 100+ yard straight and then popping a nice burst from
the rear as I banged down a two gears drifting into the next turn. So
suprized and in aww of the little VW that they drove up climbed out of the
patrol car and started watching and smoking cigarettes with my friends. I
didn't notice them sitting there for a good 5 or 6 minutes and when I did I
lost thought and knicked a curb and brought her in. More of embarrassment
then anything else and fear I might have knocked some wheel weights loose or
punctured. Once I was in a parking spot the cop just laughed and started
shooting the shit. Told me that we weren't in trouble but that I should take
the Rocco back cause he new my dads plates from pulling him over a bunch or
just leave her shut down and play with something that made less noise.

      So out came the Impreza and out came my fearless stupid show off side!
I decide since I could throw the Rocco around so easy I should have no
problem with this one. All I have to say is I never thought I could send a
car sideways for so long in such a straight line before lastnight/this
morning. After a few times around I decided to do some fun donuts and kick up
some snow. Thats when another officer who wasn't so nice decided to show up
and ruin our night. Thats also when I hit a curb with the Impreza. I was
laughing at that point though.

      So we packed up and all left before the cop could make it to our end
of the lot. This time I wasn't behind the wheel of the Rocco and realized how
hard it must be to drive in such deep snow. After I mile of it I got fed up
and swapped cars and had a fun run home. Hell even had her parked and the
plates off before the Impreza showed up.

Man I miss my Rocco. I think it would make a fun soft-core rally car or Ice
racer. Anyone have experience with this stuff and Roccos?

OK I'm done its 6 am and I'm dripping on my carpet.

Later Dubbers!
~Danny~
88 16v ( This thing is evil! I love it! Hair dressers car my a$$! )