BBS Kit in Greenwich CT list member?

     I'm minding my own business on the way to get the new UK Max Power at
one of the only zine shops in my area that carries it when I see what looks
like a ratty 8v with a poorly fitted 16 kit. Out of curiosity I make my way
through traffic to get a look at this thing. Its rare for me to see another
Scirocco in my area let alone one that has work done to it.

      To my surprise the Kit on the 8v was the famed BBS kit with a sweet
set of 14 inch silver lipped and gold meshed BBS's on it. Only draw back to
the car was the faded paint and the BMW M badge on the rear. Blah. Anyway it
was a female driving the car heading onto 95 with NY plates. anyone knows who
this is?
Is it a list members ride?

If not anyone know how I should approach the driver into selling this thing .
. I want it more for the kit and the wheels then the car itself. It looked
like an enthusiast once owned it and the new owner just let it fall to snot.
Such a shame. Oh yeah and it was tornado red not Mars red. Did the 8v's come
in tornado red ever?

~Danny~
88 16v