Re: Sciroccos rule

This reminds me of a similar story.  About two weeks ago I was driving on
94w in Michigan and this silver (looked kinda like an eclipse, but it had
the pop-up headlights)car with a riced-out exhaust seemed to want to race.
I was driving my dad's '88 Jetta GLi.  Anyhow, the car would come flying by
me at like 110mph and then slow down and I would pass him going about 77mph
(speed limit was 70) and he would be like a quarter of a mile behind and
come flying past me again.  This happened a few times.  He then took an exit
with a 180 degree off ramp.  I saw brakelights and over the edge he went
down a steep embankment.  I considered helping him, but there wasn't
anything I could do and there was a gas station nearby so I figured he could
walk...and maybe think how dumb he was.  So the moral of the story
is..."Nothing handles like a Scirocco".

Lee Folkman
'84 Wolfsburg Scirocco 8v(takes off-ramps quickly)
'84 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v Shell
'82 Jetta Diesel(once had a frightening off-ramp experience in the fog...and
surprisingly handled well at >70mph)
http://scirocco84.homepage.com
http://www.andrews.edu/~folkman