Re: Bentley on a CD ?

At 9:28 AM -0600 3/3/01, Patrick Bureau wrote:
>	Does anyone know what "bentley on a cd" means, aside it being the
>manual on a cd, does it permit fast searches/etc.. ???

It may be a "new" way they are producing their manuals.  I bought the
B3 Passat one on CD because it included information on the VR6 model,
that the standard book didn't.

I was severely disappointed.  The method they use for displaying
pages seems hokey, contrived, and unnecessarily complicated (it
installs something that starts a webserver on your local machine.  On
a Macintosh, it alters your internet settings so that you lose
connectivity to the net when you run this.  Not quite sure what it's
doing on the PC, but it's similar.)

Also, the information provided is far less than what's printed in the
book. As an example:  My rear wiper arm is bent.  There is a page in
this CD on how to adjust it, but it is only a picture, with some
distance marks showing where the bend in the arm should be, but no
dimensions!

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |