Re: Replacing Strut Bearings

Ben, as stated below, no, there is no way of clearancing the strut assy into
the wheel well without dropping the control arm down via the bolt to the
steering knuckle.  My take on using the 'marking' of the cam bolt and so
forth is this: yes, it's possible to do, but I only do it for a short period
of time.  I try to line up some suspension overhaul work I want to do that
should be followed by a good alignment, thereby getting my money's worth out
of the alignment (tierods ends, new struts, etc).  I am not saying you can't
make the 'marking' procedure work, it's just that you can be off and not
really know it.  But your tires will, and it becomes a matter of how much
you value the life of your tires.  Are they crap tires or really good ones?
That's about it.

-Phil Kerschner
'85 Scirocco (the Loyal One)
'87 Scirocco (sickee)