RE: Evolution of the Scirocco List?/Going to Vortex format

>The best possible option would be to have both. I hate to mention it again,
>but that's the thing I like best about eGroups, other than the searchable
>archive. You can choose to have the email sent to you (like scirocco.org) or
>you can just log-in and look at it online (like VWVortex). Talk about
>flexible!
>
>Perhaps Brett can find a way to do this when he builds the new system? THAT
>would be the true power of hosting it privately! Brett, do you already have
>an email/archive system in mind? Would it allow for something like this?
>
>Neal

Once I get the site moved, space opened up, and access to the cgi-bin
dir, I am going to do exactly this.  I will use the current archive
format system, and have it expanded and built automatically as mail
arrives.  Sounds like what we need.  Then I'll set up a glimpse search
engine / database and we will be very hooked up.  Once I have a plan,
I'll probably be contacting the list with some numbers on what it'll
cost, if anything.

Thanks!

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net