Re: Whats the deal with roccos in europe [The BMW]

At 11:23 AM 3/2/01 , you wrote:
>Just out of curiosity, what BMW do you now have?

Hi Christian,
         I picked up an E36 325i, a 1993.  I love my Mercedes to death --
probably more than I should -- and my father has expressed interest in
buying it from me -- which would be a nice solution -- I can break the
unhealthy bond, and I know that the car will be well taken care of (even
though the last car I sold him, a 1979 450SEL 6.9 just burned to the ground
in November with him at the wheel -- thank God he didn't get hurt)...

         I will have pix up at some point, probably after I get the
mandatory Jason Signature (tm) Window Tint and stereo system installed --
and get the snow tires off it.

         But in case you're interested (and anyone else, for that matter,
I'll send this to the list) it's a 1993 325iA 4-door, black with tan
leather, sunroof, ABS, trip computer, driver's airbag, heated seats (yum),
and 68k miles on it.  It was garaged kept by the previous owner, a PhD
professor who kept an absolutely meticulous service history (down to tire
balancing and oil changes) and kept the car in pristine shape except for
the leather, which has some light scratches which look like they were made
by a small dog on the back seat.  But it's cleaner than the Scirocco, which
annoys me -- all I have to do is rinse it off and open the hood and it's a
show-winner. :)

         And it fits into Jason's Master Plan (tm) which is to have my
Scirocco 16v and a Mercedes 2.3-16 for fun, and an automatic BMW for the
daily commute...

         And while I won't reveal prices, those who know me won't be
surprised that I should be able to drive it for a few years and sell it for
more than I paid.  That's my usual deal. :)

tty'all later!

Jason

1987 Scirocco 16v
1988 Mercedes 190E Sport Euro