Re: Starter lowdown.

Ok well since I know you have an automatic. First, before you buy a new
starter. Buy the Bosch relay kit or at least relay the starter trigger wire
(red w/a black stripe). This is actually a TSB from VW. Dont replace your
starter unless you have done this. It is a very effective cure and is also
cheaper and easier to do. The Bosch kit come with everything you need
including an instruction sheet.

HTH

Okay heres the poop...

My '88 needs a starter.
Is it a simple job or a PITA?  Any difference between a standard or
automatic starter when replkacing it??

I've never replaced one before.  I don't know what I'm getting into =]

Marie

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA