Re: Starter lowdown.Attn Chris DeLong

At 07:25 AM 3/3/01 +0000, Chris DeLong wrote:

>Ok well since I know you have an automatic. First, before you buy a new
>starter. Buy the Bosch relay kit or at least relay the starter trigger wire
>(red w/a black stripe). This is actually a TSB from VW. Dont replace your
>starter unless you have done this. It is a very effective cure and is also
>cheaper and easier to do. The Bosch kit come with everything you need
>including an instruction sheet.

So tell us Chris, what does this kit do?  And where so we get the kit or is
it something a person can just throw together?
My '86 turns hard on the first start of the day(like it's not getting a lot
of power) but I hold the key to start and it always starts.  I was thinking
that I might need a new, heavier guage, power wire from the battery.

John C. Worden
Wayne, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Back on the road-new Overdrive, welded transfer case and
other stuff
'86 Scirocco 8V- Soon to be for sale
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear