Re: another cv joint q

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 07:17:59AM -0500, Patrick Bureau wrote:

> items, and come with a 2 year warranty. Rebuilding CV joint is not
> like rebuilding an engine there is not really a whole lot to it,

> bearing,

Re-used bearing, reground oversize.

> grease,

of dubious quality.

> rubber boots.

Of obviously crappy quality. The boots the reman operatins use degrades
VERY quickly, especially in urban areas with lots of ground-level ozone.

> Rebuilt = 145$ per side, Brand new = 355$ per side (Canadian of
> course)

Last time I replaced CVs, only the outer was bad, so I got an OEM Lobro
boot for the inner for $15, and a brand new Lobro outer joint and boot for
$75.  Even if I had to replace both joints, it is almost the same price
as a rebuilt.

Dan

--
A penny saved is worthless.