Re: another cv joint q

>Chris,
>There were two types of CV joints.
>Some were held on by the outside clip you found, and others were held on by
>a sliding over a metal o-ring.
>Most kits come will parts for both types of joints.

OK just to clear a  few things up for you "rebuilt axle" buying suckers. All
the rebuilt axles taht I have come into contact have the internal circlip.
All OE CV joints have the external clip starting in '81 and up. Just to add
a personal note to this DONT BUY REBUILT AXLES!!! THEY ARE JUNK!!! Step up
to the plate and buy single joints and get nasty and do the job right.

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V 'Rocco ragtop