Re: non rocco - new passat impressions?

Kervin Ridgley wrote:

> Some people don't like the 1.8t because when you have your
> foot in it, you can hear the engine since the rest of the car is so
> quiet.

Sure, but this is a non-issue to a Scirocco owner, as getting in the 1.8T
Passat is Rolls Royce-like compared to the noise volume in the 'rocco.. :D

Actually, I drove the V6 manual and the older 150 horse 1.8T back to back
before making my decision on which to go with, and frankly the V6 didn't
feel like 40 horses more.. sure it was quieter and smoother as a 6 should
be but the power difference (much to my surprise) felt negligible, and the
car felt more nimble.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA