Re: non rocco - new passat impressions?

Hey Brad,
  I don't own one, but I drive them every day because I work at a
dealership.  I think the V-6 manual is by far the most fun to drive.
Globs of power everywhere, but it is about $2000 more than the 1.8t.
The 170 hp 1.8t makes the most sense in the car.  Great fuel economy and
good power.  Some people don't like the 1.8t because when you have your
foot in it, you can hear the engine since the rest of the car is so
quiet.  The automatic is for those that need it.  If your parents
regularly drive an automatic, they will like it, if they are looking for
a stick, don't even bother with it.  I'd get one with the luxury package
so that they will have a rear sun shade.

Kervin

Brad Sayer wrote:

> Having almost successfully converted my parents to the joys of VW ownership
> they are looking to buy a new passat.  I am sure some of you own such a car
> and was wondering about impressions:  best engine, transmission, etc.  Also,
> any problems or warnings.  I have heard something about unusually high oil
> consumption...is this true?
>
> Brad
>
> 87 16V

ÐÏࡱá