Re: non rocco - new passat impressions?

dale witt wrote:

> This past weekend I was in Houston for a Club event and was able to test
> drive my friends 2001 1/2 Passat Wagon.  He managed a special order for the
> V6 AWD.  I do not know how many are in country, but, it is one sweet car.
> He put H&R sport suspension and 18 inch wheels on it.  He had to settle for
> a 5 speed....

"Settle" for a 5-speed?  Last I heard, you still couldn't get 4Motion with
a manual.  Did you mean tiptronic by chance?

The Potterpeople have an '00 wagon w/1.8T and tip.  Of course Mike has
chipped the mofo, it goes like a scalded monkey despite being big and
heavy and an auto!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA