Re: [rant]Still getting the run around by allstate insurance.

on 6/23/01 11:08, Gary Huff at scirocco86@home.com wrote:

We use Allstate.  I've found that the secret to insurance is finding a good
local agent.  Our Allstate agent bends over backwards for us, as we hold him
responsible and he knows we can always leave.  We get such good service from
him though, so we got our homeowners insurance with him too :-)  Thus, we
get multiple policy discounts, etc.  We're both older drivers though, so our
rates are really low.  Anyhow, find a local agent with a good company.
Those cheap ass agencies may have lower rates, but I'll pay a bit more for
good service anyday.

Greg

> Insurance companies are up there on my list with telcos, credit card
> companies, and healthcare. When I am not at the age where my rates are
> ridiculously expensive for driving, I am going to have to give up geico.
> They've been nothing but a complete pain in the ass to deal with, and their
> authorized repair shops do the absolute most atrocious work. I suppose being
> the "government employee owned insurance company", that I should have expected
> this kind of crap... BTW, does anyone know of a very good insurance company?
> I'd like to insure my mk1 when done with a company that wont try to throw a
> few hundred bucks at me if some lady in an SUV barrels over it.. Peace,
> -Gary Huff
>
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 06:59:58PM -0400, Brian McGarvey wrote:
>> well.
>> the good hands people arent all they are cooked up to be.
>> I call them on sat. with thier insured who hit me from BEHIND in the front
>> fender. Im damn lucky he didnt T-bone me. Stopped to turn left. in left
>> turn lane .. start turn dull flash of gray going fast.(35+) bam. bumper
>> cover is now. 20+ feet down the road. etc...(new parts on the left front
>> are bent.. )
>>
>> so I'm told i'll be called within 2 business days.. I called them on tue
>> eve. no phone call. get claims on wed morning. she gets all info ...
>> AGAIN. (gave everything on sa) well she says adjuster will call me on
>> thurs or fri. she asks on the like 3rd call and says oh you went to see a
>> doctor.. I have to transfer the case (friday). call the new rep today she
>> says the previous 2 reps havent started to get the police report yet.and
>> tomorrow it's a week. she says they assinged a field adjuster  and he
>> should call me today or MONDAY. aaarrrrrrggggghhh.
>> and I just got the 16v on the road. I put like 2k miles on it. most of
>> that going to duans....
>>
>> Next time im getting FULL coverage from USAA. Cause this is Bull shit.
>> USAA is a great company. I have had few to no problems with claims.
>> nothing like this...
>>
>> Oh any advice from the pple out here for the "pain and suffering" bit.
>> Wasnt gonna say much, but now after this BS and them talking about wanting
>> to give me NADA value
>> low 1525
>> avg 2325
>> high 2900
>> oh yeah, they are not gonna be happy with all the new parts that were just
>> put on it.
>> I just bought it for $2k..
>> PO intalled
>> nuespeed wires, susp tech lower bars, euro uppoer bar, TT cat back, cross
>> drilled rotors, tiokiko(non-adjustables) and SPORT nuespeed springs..
>> (gawd this is a rough ass ride)
>> i have $1k in reciepts nd i need to
>> estimate my labor. installed
>> new bushings/lowercontrol arms
>> new CV's
>> new wiper stalk
>> new FI seals -- thanks potterman
> [...]

Greg Coan
St. Louis, MO
'84 Scirocco
'88 Sable Wagon (for the dog)(dying)(the car, not the dog)
scirocco@macslut.org