Re: [rant]Still getting the run around by allstate insurance.

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001 11:08:30 -0500 Gary Huff <scirocco86@home.com>
writes:
> Insurance companies are up there on my list with telcos, credit card
> companies, and healthcare. When I am not at the age where my rates
> are ridiculously expensive for driving, I am going to have to give
> up geico. They've been nothing but a complete pain in the ass to
> deal with, and their authorized repair shops do the absolute most
> atrocious work. I suppose being the "government employee owned
> insurance company", that I should have expected this kind of crap...
> BTW, does anyone know of a very good insurance company? I'd like to
> insure my mk1 when done with a company that wont try to throw a few
> hundred bucks at me if some lady in an SUV barrels over it.. Peace,
> 	-Gary Huff

Since you are getting an antique tag, you can get special insurance for
it.
It usually costs around $300 a year for full coverage.

To qualify for Antique/Classic/Collectible insurance, you have to have
another car as a daily driver,
and the Scirocco would have to be garage kept.

Peter - http://thescirocco.com -  Bear, Delaware
'79 Scirocco 16V "Retro"
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Scirocco "Oddball"
'84 GTI
SciRollers For Sale, or For Parts: '79 White Champagne Edition, '80 Red,
'84 Black, '88 Red