Re: [mk2] power window wiring

Foxx-

	YES !! Do it! I had manual windows originally and put in power
units (now I'm going back to manual, but that's a different story). Hook up
the ground to one of the two "hubs" next to the fuse panel. Run a good size
positive lead from the battery (there may be better places) and put in an
inline 30 amp fuse.

	You can open your windows without fumbling with the keys. If you
ever leave a passenger in the car, but take your keys, they can still
adjust the windows to their liking. If you have to run out to close your
windows because it's raining, this will speed things up. The key is making
sure you put in a fuse in the circuit (never hotwire) and this may pose a
safety hazard if you ever have "youngins" in the car.

gl,

>Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:57:40 -0400
>From: "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@core.com>
>Subject: [mk2] power window wiring
>
>  just wondering, but has anyone wired their power mirror setup
>independant of ignition switch?

___Wojciech Galecki___
'84 8v Scirocco