RE: [mk2] power window wiring

Hey Cory,
So what's the secret on how to snake a power wire through the cable bundle
between the car and the door and then get it into the engine bay to the
battery?  Seems like a real pain. And did you have to solder the connections
at the window switch?

My power windows technically don't work unless I go direct to the battery,
so I've been (not)dealing with this for the three years I've had the car.

Thanks,
Christopher
87 16V