Re: Max RPM

Vee Dubb wrote:

> Listers;
>
> What I'm really trying to figure out is not how to make it a monster, but
> how to make it survive being a monster.  So things like stiffer valve
> springs and stronger head bolts are what I'm after.  - you know, the
> reinforcements that have little to nothing to do with actual horsepower.
<snip>
> Actually, it IS the persnickety details I'm looking for, not the generals
> that we always talk about.  Persnickety ones that deal with high speed
> toughness, anyway.

Lightened, balanced every damn thing; crank, flywheel, pistons, all the
rotating mass.
Shot peened connecting rods (?).
Reboring a used (seasoned) block rather than a new one.
Oil passageways deburred and port matched.
Ti (titanium) in the valve train.

Super high revs might be where those aftermarket coils and ign. stuff
might make a noticeable difference (crane?).

Mechanical lifter head.

Sodium filled valves.

Up late, must sleep.
TBerk