Re: Computer question?

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 02:13:55 -0500 Scott Rose <slash2@mindspring.com>
writes:
> Does anybody have any ideas, or if it'll even work, putting an idler
> pulley on a blower for off/on boost?  Could I run 2 computers on a car
and
> have them switched?  Like run one with a chip for the right fuel
mapping
> for a blower.  the other with just running without forced induction.
And
> a switch to turn on the blower, and switch to the computer with a chip
> in it.
>  And then switch back when I turn the blower off.
> 	If it's even possible, or worth the time.  It would kinda be
> like a shot of nitrous with out the problems.  Maybe just a dumb
question.  But
> worth it to ask.
>

> Scott Rose
> 88 red 16v

An easier way would be to install an SDS fuel injection setup, and it
let's you change the mixture on the fly...

I've only seen one blower, that could be switched on or off, and it was
in Mad Max and the Roadwarrior.

Peter - http://thescirocco.com -  Bear, Delaware

                                                '79 Scirocco 16V "Retro"

'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Scirocco "Oddball"
'84 GTI
SciRollers For Sale, or For Parts: '79 White Champagene Edition, '80 Red,
'80 Silver, '84 Black, '88 Red