Re: 16V Just stolen (Update-Long)

on 6/13/01 22:47, VeeWdriver@aol.com at VeeWdriver@aol.com wrote:

I'd check for tow damage too.  If the doors were locked, the brake set ? And
car in gear, how the hell did they tow it?  They didnšt just drag it up on a
flat bed in gear with the brake on did they?

Greg

> First of all, there would be no reason to tow your car if it was the "victim"
> of the hit-n-run.  Even if they couldn't reach the owner (you), if it was
> securable (ie:locked) it should have been left right where it was.  If
> somebody is claiming that YOU hit their car, with minimal damage like that,
> there STILL wouldn't be any reason to tow the car.  At least that's how
> things would have worked in Arizona.
>
> California is an ass-backward state, though...they do some things I just
> don't understand over there.
>
> Tom
> 78 Audi Fox GTI
> 79 Rocco
> 80 Rocco (future SOLO car)
> 81 Rocco S (parts car)
> 81 Porsche 924 Turbo (blown turbo)
> 82 Rabbit Pickup
> 85 Audi Coupe GT
> 86 Rocco 8 V (daily driver, future 16 V)
> 87 16 V Rocco (organ donor)

Greg Coan
St. Louis, MO
'84 Scirocco
'88 Sable Wagon (for the dog)(dying)(the car, not the dog)
scirocco@macslut.org