RE: (OT) Drill Cord or Battery

<snip Aaron>
When asked about the difference between the $120 or whatever
Milwaukee and the $60 brand x, the salesman said the Milwaukee is the one
the contractors buy, drop out of the third story window onto the concrete,
and pick up and use.  The $60 drill isn't.
<end snip>

I was trying to avoid this thread, but since it's still going on after a few
days...

I bought a Milwaukee cordless (1/2" chuck, 14.4v) last summer to replace my
ancient Makita.  I was told the same thing as Aaron.  Basically, the
Milwaukee uses more metal parts and fewer plastic parts than the other
brands at Home Depot (Makita, Bosch, DeWalt, Ryobi) and has a higher torque
rating to comparable drills.  I built an 800 sq ft cedar deck last summer
with it.  I would get 3-4 hours out of battery sinking 3" deck screws and 4"
galvanized screws.  I even used it in hammer drill mode to drill concrete.
My only complaint would be the size sometimes prevents me from getting to
the tighter areas that my old 7.2v Makita could reach.  Regardless of what
you get, just buy the best one you can afford.  Buy it once and be done with
it.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II