Re: (OT) Drill Cord or Battery Conclusion

While this thread rages on, a few comments from my experience.

I have a Porter Cable 14.4V cordless that is my primary drill. There is very
little it won't handle and with two batteries and a quick charger I can
shoot screws or drill holes all day long with nary a break.

I have a Harbor Freight $29.95 14.4V special that I keep in a travel tool
kit that gets thrown in the trunk on road trips - doubles as a hammer, holds
a charge when not being used for a long time, won't undo tight fasteners but
keeps the wrist action to a minimum between start and finish. Worth what I
paid for it, but I'm glad it's not the only one I own.

I also have a Milwaukee corded 1/2" hammer drill/screw shooter
(interchangeable chucks). I use this for things like attaching studs to
concrete walls when framing unfinished areas. This thing is unstoppable.
Massive overkill, but nice to have in reserve.

I have a couple of B&D/Skill/Craftsmen VSR corded drills laying around from
my college days that aren't worth the shelf space they occupy, relative to
the others.

Rotozip's are very handy tools, I am getting very used to having one nearby.

Cheers,

Christian
87 16V
some tools...