Re: front swaybars vs SHINE

Suspension tuning is complex. Their position is (something
like) once you choose your front and rear suspension
frequencies (spring rates) the car is still is likely to be
biased, according to its natural tendency, when cornering in
equilibrium (i.e. as it would be on a skidpad) towards
understeer. To counteract this and give the car more neutral
handling characteristics, you add roll stiffness to the
rear.

Considering only sway bar rates without considering spring
rates and damper rates is not all that meaningful.

It should be evident that a fast race setup or autocross
setup is not necessarily good for the street. Most factory
suspension tuning is biased significantly towards
understeer, because it's safer for most drivers.

Bob

--
Robert Moore
moorer1@home.com