[tech] checking dpr/idle on cis-e?

trying desparately to pass emissions in atl. finally (after 5 yr) put on a
new cat. decided to check my timing, mixture, etc. bentley shows as part of
the procedure for setting idle speed (and a couple of other tests) to
disconnect some breather hoses. i never had a problem w/ this before, but as
i was scratching my head looking at this diagram. it shows disconnecting one
hose (#1 in the diagram) from the crankcase breather, next to a coolant hose
(outlet is #3). then there is alledgedly another hose (#2, iirc) connected
to the first (near the block) that you're supposed to unplug. except that
there isn't in my car. does anybody know which hoses to unplug? where is
this mystery hose? btw, the last for setup was to unplug and turn a "T"
connector coming off the intake boot. tia,
-michael
88 16v rocco