Re: Another accident

DON'T MENTION THE EURO BUMPER.  If I were an insurance
company I would drool over what I could do to a person
trying to get money out of me for damage to his car
when he put non DOT bumpers on it!  Take the money
and/or repairs, totaled or not.  You might see if you
can talk the body shop guy into giving you the $$
instead of the US replacement bumper ...tell him you
got one at home or something...but DON'T mention the
euro bumper.

Ron

--- Brad Sayer <vwrocco85@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I am not meant to own these cars afterall.
> AFter the death of my
> white 8V in November, I acquired an 87 16V, and have
> begun again repairing
> and improving.  But today, a damn SUV decided to
> slow down my progress a bit
> by rear ending me at 40mph while I waited to turn
> left into a parking lot.
>
> Euro bumper is bent a good 6-8 inches thorugh the
> metal behind it,
> protruding into the trunk, and there is a nice nasty
> crease below the
> license plate.
>
> Now, I don't have collision, as the car was not
> worth it when I got it, and
> planned to add it in Sept when my policy expired.
> So, this stupid lady's
> insurance should end up paying for the work anyway,
> but how do I go about
> having a new Euro bumper included in the work?  Talk
> to the body shop guy
> and have him add it to the estimate, and find him
> the part to put on?
> Anyone been in this situation before?  I dread the
> thought of having to put
> that damn big us bumper back on for any length of
> time, and am pissed that I
> just bought the euro one a couple of weeks ago.
>
> Thanks for letting me rant to people who care...
>
> Brad
>
> 87 16V (A little shorter now)

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.