RE: Another accident

<snip Brad>
So, this stupid
> lady's insurance should end up paying for the work anyway, but how do I
> go about having a new Euro bumper included in the work?  Talk to the
> body shop guy and have him add it to the estimate, and find him the
> part to put on?
<end snip>

Sorry about the SUV-ident.  That seems to be a disturbing trend as of late.
Definitely talk to the body shop guy.  He is your friend and the one person
who, in this situation, can help you get what you want.  I bet if he specs a
new US bumper, you'll find the price to be greater than a Euro bumper.  If
the insurance company is cutting *you* the check, use some of the cash to
buy a Euro and tell the body shop guy you'll bring him the bumper.  If the
insurance company is cutting *him* the check, tell him what you want to do
and ask him to source the Euro from a legit business (e.g. Potterman,
Adirondack, etc.) or help him source it from a private party (he may not
want to do this).  Basically, work with the body shop guy.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II