Re: will a golf or jetta III fit into an mkII rocco?

I say you offer him your car for a day, and when he shows up a bunch of us
kick his ass!!  not really of course.  I was slightly irked when I read the
comment ("the [scirocco with the 20V 1.8T] wasn't much to look at"), but I
can understand it now.  I think newer VW's tend to appeal to a different
crowd than older A1, A2's do.  Newer ones are built to be safe and luxurious
(i.e. sunroof standard option on the GTI), while A1's/A2's are lighter,
simpler, more nimble.  When's the last time you saw a A3/A4 being club
raced? or a nationally competetive A3/A4 autocrosser?  Different strokes for
different folks i say, so don't waste your time with this guy.  If you want
a magazine that appreciates your car read GRM.

-Shawn