From: "Brad Sayer" <vwrocco85@hotmail.com>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Another accident
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:27:26 -0400

Perhaps I am not meant to own these cars afterall.  AFter the death of my
white 8V in November, I acquired an 87 16V, and have begun again repairing
and improving.  But today, a damn SUV decided to slow down my progress a bit
by rear ending me at 40mph while I waited to turn left into a parking lot.

Euro bumper is bent a good 6-8 inches thorugh the metal behind it,
protruding into the trunk, and there is a nice nasty crease below the
license plate.

Now, I don't have collision, as the car was not worth it when I got it, and
planned to add it in Sept when my policy expired.  So, this stupid lady's
insurance should end up paying for the work anyway, but how do I go about
having a new Euro bumper included in the work?  Talk to the body shop guy
and have him add it to the estimate, and find him the part to put on?
Anyone been in this situation before?  I dread the thought of having to put
that damn big us bumper back on for any length of time, and am pissed that I
just bought the euro one a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for letting me rant to people who care...

Brad

87 16V (A little shorter now)