Re: Steering rack bushings!

That's a real fun job...so fun I stopped at the
driver's side one and will wait to do the pass side
one when/if I remove my downpipe.

Wish I could remember how I did it, seems as though I
tried first tightening the top nut, then loosened it
nearly all the way and then worked on the bottom nut,
until there were a few threads sticking out on both
studs, just enough to grab the nut.  then it was cake
from there of course.  I did not shave any material
off the mount...I did use grease though!

BTW I hope to reassembly me rear susp soon...since I
had SS brake lines, new ebrake cables, and new
bushings all in the job jar, I just jacked the rear
end up extra high and rolled the entire axle assembly
out...I reckon this will make things a lot easier and
cleaner in the long run.

Good luck with the rack mount...it's a she-dog.

Ron