[mk2][tech][ac] What's the freon capacity of the system?

	I finally have my ac working and only charged the system with one can
(12oz.) of r12 after previously having evacuated the system. The ac does
not blow as cold as it could and the compressor does not cycle on/off but
instead is always on (I suspect because of the low charge of freon)
	Can I add another 12 oz. without blowing the system up? I don't have
guages. Anyone know the intended level of charge for the mk2 ac system
(with a square York compressor if that makes a difference) ?

tia,

__Wojciech Galecki__
'84 8v Scirocco