Re: Best way to fix flat?

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:36:56 +0000 "Ben Channard" <zeroid@hotmail.com>
writes:
> 	Found a nail in the middle of the width of my year old RE-71
> with plenty of tread left.  Is having the tire taken off the rim and
patched from
> inside the best way to fix it without compromising the speed rating?

This is the only way to fix it...

The downside is that a patch will affect the speedrating, and a lot of
tire shops will adjust the tire if you have roadhazard and mount a new
tire.

The thing is that the RE-71 is no longer available, so that's why I had
one of my RE-71 - 195 50 15's patched last week.
I had them mount one of my new RE-71's mounted instead of the patched
tire, but I'll keep it as a backup..

Btw, I still have 3 brand new never mounted RE-71 - 195 50 15 tires...

Peter - http://thescirocco.com - Discount Techtonics Dealer -
Bear, Delaware

    '79 Scirocco 16V "Retro"
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Scirocco "Oddball"
'84 GTI
SciRollers: '79 White Champagne Edition, '84 Black, '88 Red