No Subject

	Finally took a semi-hemi-demi close look at a Rabbit Convertible at the
junkyard with the aim of looking for structural reinforcements which might
be applied to our cars (specifically a Mk.1).

	The top hoop appears to be welded or bolted to what are essentially
guillotined B-pillars.  Can this be easily removed and attached to the
inside of a Scirocco?

	There is a pretty beefy box section cross member attached between the
fender wells, behind the rear seats.  Looks much more solid than a rear
stress bar.  No more carrying long objects with the rear seats folded down
though.

	Are there any other reinforcements to the Rabbit chassis to prep it for
topless duty?  I couldn't find anything along the sills, the front or
underside of the car.  Is the Rabbit Convertible/Cabriolet a pretty stiff
bunny or much more flexy than the closed roof car (I've never driven one)?

	Just looking for cheap 'n' easy factory solutions to getting stiff.
benton----