Re: Was: how do you steal a scirocco ???

L Crawford wrote:

> Speaking of opening the doors...
>
> My poor car has been busted into... let me count:
<snippage, too many damn times :(>
> So the real question is:
> -What is the best way to 'thief proof' my poor car?
> -Saw the 'how to install lockless handles' thing...
> but then how the heck do you open the doors? :-)  or
> lock em for that matter.
>
> Lee
> 84' 8v Silver RUNNING Scirocco

- Armor Plate the door handles to repair, cover damage, harden the
prying method and get a paging alarm for broken window madness. <sigh>

There is no real good way, there is only discouragement.

btw- the lockless/handless doors open with a remote controlled solenoid.
Usually folks leave the rear hatch with a lock so they can climb in if
the battery is dead.

TBerk