Was: how do you steal a scirocco ???

Speaking of opening the doors...

My poor car has been busted into... let me count:

-rear window smashed, speakers stolen (95)
-rear window smashed, speakers not stolen (96)
-properly broken into, found to evidence of how they
did it... small toolbox missing... (yes it was locked)
-screwdriver... chisel... jabbed through door panel...
(wince)... speakers not stolen
-screwdriver jabbed through locks on Driver/Pass
side... car not stolen (no battery in it)

3 times were at UVic parked right next to the "campus
security" office...

So the real question is:
-What is the best way to 'thief proof' my poor car?
-Saw the 'how to install lockless handles' thing...
but then how the heck do you open the doors? :-)  or
lock em for that matter.

Lee
84' 8v Silver RUNNING Scirocco