car refuses alignment

my second try to get an alignment failed.  i took it to a local place called
precision alignment and brake, and they didnt align it because the bushings
and balljoints are apparently in shitty condition as well as the things
that are on the top of the struts (what are they called again?).  it was
cool of them not to go ahead an align it anyways only for it to go its own
way in a couple weeks.
the bad:  my car wont start now...the key wont physically turn past one
or two notches (no the steeringwheel isnt locked).  my ungrateful 16v is
still sitting there...