Re: [tech] 8V high compression blocks

If you upgrade to a 2.0 block you will have 10:1 CR and sh!tloads of
torque.
If you install 10:1 CR pistons from a 1.8 you will have 10:1 CR and the
same old 1.8 L displacement for only a marginal increase in
power/torque.
I'm not sure what the actual limit is, but I'd bet that it would be hard
to get higher than 9:1 CR just by milling the head. Then you'd have to
get an adjustable cam sprocket (if you don't already have one) since
milling the head will retard cam timing.
Dan