Re: AGB trans question

The numbers after the AGB are serial numbers as you suspect.
As far as ratios, the tranny code i.e. AGB, 4K, 9A will have specific
ratios. So, all AGB's have the same ratios. (You have seen the "gears"
link on www.scirocco.org?) A lot of parts are interchangeable between
all the 020 trannies although not all. For instance, 3rd gear spline on
the output shaft came in two different sizes, so 3rd gear sets are not
neccessarily interchangeable.
Dan