Re: Tranny upgrade options?

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 09:44:20 -0700 mike <rept@qwest.net> writes:

>Is it true that the quaiffe would be of little
>value over 150 HP? Aside from added strength to my
>existing tranny?

Where did you hear that? Its just like the theory that a lightened
flywheel will hurt you driving up a hill. Utter CRAP. Who says this
stuff?
Listen, a Quaife will make both wheels pull instead of just one. With a
car with lots of HP, its even better because your not going to spin the
shit out of one wheel. With both wheels churning, you will have better
overall performance as well as handling.

>Im getting torn between just getting this thing
>done and doing her right the first time.

NEVER - EVER settle for just getting it done. You will kick yourself in
the face for doing it. Then again, some people like doing things over and
over again. you pick.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!