Re: Tranny upgrade options?

> Thanks for the response-
>
> The overal goal with my car is POWER. I hope to
> drive it daily (but i may change my mind when all
> is done).
>
> Here are the mods so far to the 2.0l 16v
> 83.5mm forged aluminum pistons (ceramic coated)
> knife edged crank
> lightned flywheel
> port and polish intake manifold, exhaust manifold,
> and head to match.
> slightly decked head
> ceramic coated intake and exhaust manifolds
> HD springs etc,
> TT race downpipe
> stainless 2.25 exhaust w/ Borla
> quaiffe
> Motronic injection with chip
> TT 16V Camset (the new set everyones waiting for)
> brakes from 16v.
>
> Some say i should get get around 180HP, others say
> more is likely.
>
> I need to maintain my torque- hoping the cams will
> help out here.
>
> so-   with all this said and done, what do you
> think?   stick with the O2O?
>

> Mike

Sounds pretty much like my motor. :)  Minus the ceramic coatings.

You'll like it a lot, and you'll rarely have to use full throttle
in daily driving situations...but you'll want to.

180hp is right on the money, I was dyno'ing about 174+/-  last
year before the supersprint header and 'dialing-in' I've been
doing lately.  I'd say the above engine will put you in the 180-185
range depending on tuning.  Oh, add an adjustable cam gear to that
mix to dial everything in; makes it easier to get the power right
where you want it, and is especially nice after you shave your
head down a bit.

==Brett