Re: Hot starting prob

--- Andy Holmes <scalainj@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi people
>
> I'm having an intermittant hot start problem.
>
> It only happens when the car is hot but has been left for
> more than half an
> hour but less than a couple of hours.

First thing to check for / replace would be the fuel
pressure accumulator.  (Back off the little screw on the
opposite end of the fittings, if you get some fuel seepage,
it's bad and should be replaced.)

Or it could be much more difficult to figure out - I chased
this problem for months on my '80 and it finally turned out
to be the fuel distributor had gone bad.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
7 VWs & counting.
"I do have a cause though...  it is obscenity.  I'm for it" - Tom Lehrer.