Re: '83 Rocco now in my possesion

--- Tobias M-G <scirocco16v88@hotmail.com> wrote:

> A few of you might have seen the car on Ebay 2 weeks
> ago, I know a couple of
> you even bid on it.
>
> After much back and forth, an owner in Alaska, and a
> long ass commute from
> Campbell to SF - 1.5h in traffic, the car is mine.
> Some unknown person
> almost snagged it for $1800.
>
> I on the other hand told tall tales of scirocco.org
> and previous cars and
> this and that  :P  and finally waved $200 dollars,
> hard cash, green bills,
> in the owners face and proudly declared I'll take it
> for $2000.
>
> $2000 - is it justified. Hell yes!!!
> 1. I'm getting $1600 for the crashed Toyota.
> 2. It's being sold by the original (female) owner,
> been in her family since
> 83
> 3. Has almost perfect Montego Black Metalic Paint -
> no dings or dents in the
> side panels, always garaged, only to minor dings in
> the hood
> 4. Has 74,863 original miles!!
> 5. Has showroom condition leather interior, perfect
> dash and carpets front
> and back - only faded minorly.
> 6. Has working sunroof - my first Rocc with a
> working one!! and it's an
> 83!!!
> 7. Was begging me to bring it home tonight - yes,
> the car was I swear!
> 8. oh yeah, ice cold AC and no power steering
> woohhooo
> Once you're bitten by the Scirocco bug you're
> hooked. This makes #4, far
> behind some of you, well ahead of the rest hehe.
>
> Tobias
> 88 Scirocco 16V Black
> 83 Scirocco  8V Montego Black Metallic - coming home
> this weekend

Congratulations, you are now a member of the elite MK2
single wiper club . . . .

;-)

=====
Mark Peele
1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)