'83 Rocco now in my possesion

A few of you might have seen the car on Ebay 2 weeks ago, I know a couple of
you even bid on it.

After much back and forth, an owner in Alaska, and a long ass commute from
Campbell to SF - 1.5h in traffic, the car is mine. Some unknown person
almost snagged it for $1800.

I on the other hand told tall tales of scirocco.org and previous cars and
this and that  :P  and finally waved $200 dollars, hard cash, green bills,
in the owners face and proudly declared I'll take it for $2000.

$2000 - is it justified. Hell yes!!!
1. I'm getting $1600 for the crashed Toyota.
2. It's being sold by the original (female) owner, been in her family since
83
3. Has almost perfect Montego Black Metalic Paint - no dings or dents in the
side panels, always garaged, only to minor dings in the hood
4. Has 74,863 original miles!!
5. Has showroom condition leather interior, perfect dash and carpets front
and back - only faded minorly.
6. Has working sunroof - my first Rocc with a working one!! and it's an
83!!!
7. Was begging me to bring it home tonight - yes, the car was I swear!
8. oh yeah, ice cold AC and no power steering woohhooo
Once you're bitten by the Scirocco bug you're hooked. This makes #4, far
behind some of you, well ahead of the rest hehe.

Tobias
88 Scirocco 16V Black
83 Scirocco  8V Montego Black Metallic - coming home this weekend