Re: Ahh, The Joy.

Ah, the memories.  1992 in Las Vegas the clutch cable on my 86 8V snapped on
The Strip.  As others have mentioned, the car can be driven still.  When you
get it fixed, practice shifting it without the clutch so you can do without
the back ache if it happens again.  I drove mine 20 miles back to the hotel
after it snapped.  Starting out sucks, but shifting isn't too bad on A1 and
A2 cars.  Upshifting is easy, downshifting can be tricky.  The A3 and A4
cars are a b*tch to shift clutchless.

Mike