Re: Ahh, The Joy.

Driving without a clutch can be a "fun" experience.  I had the pleasure of
snapping my clutch cable when I first got my car in '86.  I was in rush hour
traffic on the Long Island Expressway I went to step on the clutch and heard
a boom, my pedal went to floor.  Starting from a dead stop was the worst,
because you had to start the car in gear, after that you just need to apply
a little pressure to the shifter in the direction of the gear you want and
when you hit the magic RPM it'll just slide right in.  I was able to get the
car over to my favorite dealership at 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon just as
they were closing up, they stayed late, hooked me up and I was on my way in
no time.  It's no wonder that I still use them for everything.

- Jan Folkson
NYC, NY

http://www.janfolkson.com

'86 16V
'99 Passat GLS 1.8t
'00 Beetle GLX 1.8t

"If you're not passing traffic...you ARE traffic"