Re: Ahh, The Joy.

AS Mr Peeele states it is a simple task to mate gear to engine speed to
tire rotation- but it takes a toll on the motor/trans.

All this last three weeks I have been refining my skills in driving
without a clutch.

I have gotten to the point where I can even downshift into 1st and
appere as if I have come to a complete stop. (Right in front of Cops and
everything 8])

The main thing I have to relate is changing gears want a lugging engine
RPM to engage easiest. That and sometimes it helps to jump a gear when
upshifting.

Of course this helps little when in stop & go traffic but it can get you
back home in a pinch.

hth,
'CrashBox' Berk

PS- Just got back from bone yard because during clutch job I dropped the
starter on the P/S res and broke it. Joyous Bliss.