Rear Disk conversion...lotsa pedal travel

The car is a 1982 Scirocco w/bad ass 2L 8v.  The PO did a rear disk
conversion and I have a ton of travel in the pedal before it bites.  I am
sure there is a way to cure this (bigger MC???).  I was just wondering who
out there has done this and what else they changed.  If it is just a MC and
proportioning valves, what cars can I get them from?  Basically what all do
I need to get the brakes to a level I will feel confortable driving with all
this power.  TIA

Jody Bailey
http://www.scirocco8v.com