might buy 87 16v

Hello all,
      I currently have an 85 8v scirocco. I noticed an 87 16v today at a
small dealership. Stopped by interior is clean no power, except mirrors.
Odometer reads 115K , opened hood everything looks real clean no signs of oil
leakage from anywhere. Belts look good. Shifter felt good. One of the car
lots mechanics owns it. He wasn't in. they were asking 2200 and the owner of
the lot says it is negotiable. I am going back tommorrow to talk to owner of
car and test drive it. It idled well in 90 degree heat. Started Ok. Well
sorry so long. What should l look for in a 16v.
TIA
Mark