Re: Tech [oil pan removal on car]

Mark,

I have had good luck using my Craftsman 1/4" set.  It is narrow enough to get to those two bolts, and I have been able to tighten them.  It is ackward, and it took a little work, but it is done.

This was on a 2L 16v block with AGB trans.  I don't know if the JH and FF combination is tighter, but the 2L 16v and the AGB was pretty tight.

Victor

>>> Mash <type53@yahoo.com> 07/10 2:14 PM >>>

It certainly was a PITA! With a 1/4" drive extender I
was able to get the two bolts in question out (along
with the rest). They were loose anyway. Off came the
old cork and I was now ready to install the new rubber
and metal gasket (courtesy of Adirondack). I was able
to get both of those bolts threaded, but only one of
them tightened.

Anybody have any tips to as to a good tool to tighten
this sucker?