Re: [now] opinions...please read (was [A2] suspension needed)

Before I start this, please note that I'm not singling Mark out to be
rude. His statement just seemed like the perfect one to respond to.

> Mark Peele wrote:

> I've heard nothing but bad about HOR . . .

I think that's part of the problem. A few people have had a bad
experience with a product and have justifiably voiced their opinion. As
with ANY mass produced "thing", there are going to be a certain number
made that make it through a quality control inspection and end up on the
market. The problem begins when the opinions of one, or a few, become the
gospel to the masses.

I have HoR springs on my Scirocco and they've performed perfectly for ~6
years now

6 of my friends run HoR springs with either Bilst. or Tokico and no
complaints

Alan Hoglen had HoR springs w/Bilst. Sports and couldn't stand them, but
by looking at them I think they were the wrong application. The rear
springs sat too high and the fronts didn't properly fit into the perch.
Alan's a little bitch though.

I have the Autotech 28mm rear sway bar. It went on nice and easy and has
lasted for 4 years now. Perhaps all I've heard about the ill fitting ones
was operator error and/or a not so straight Scirocco.

2 friends run the same sway bar and have 0 complaints.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have seen the old style Neuspeed
springs go to sh!t after less than a year on more than one occasion. Was
that long ago enough to make them H&R? I don't know for sure, but I
suspect it was possible.

Bottom line: I can appreciate those with experiences, good or bad,
voicing them. If you truly think that ALL HoR tech springs are crap
because you've had bad ones, testify! (but i'll show you 7 cars in 8 that
will prove you wrong)

With that said, I'm still looking for a full suspension setup for an A2
(Jetta). H&R OR HoR springs and Koni's...? If you run across something,
please forward it my way.

Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v/